Benefits of Self-Hypnosis and Visualisation
1. More effective relaxation… less anxiety and fear.
2. Greater awareness and ability to re-interpret bodily sensations.
3. Increase or decrease speed of labour.
4. Enhanced belief in one’s expectations for control of discomfort.
5. Easily incorporated with other techniques (e.g., breathing techniques, imagery).
6. Greater control of the cervix opening.
7. Greater communication with baby before and during delivery.
8. Greater self-control over rapid increase in pain and the “unexpected.”
9. Improved sleep: means greater stamina and endurance
10. Greater focus, clarity, and ability to “detach” from the discomfort better.
11. Mentally prepared for painful sensations and ability to alter perception of them.
12. Greater confidence and trust in body functions and sensations during labor.