Tips to reduce Heartburn
Heartburn is when Gastric secretions travelling back up the esophagus from the stomach, An irritation that is caused by stomach acid. This can create a burning discomfort in the upper abdomen or below the breast bone. It is due to increased level of progesterone circulating around the body and causing the muscle to overly relax. this allows tiny drops of acid to escape from the stomach and travel backup.
- Take lots of sips of still water throughout the day to constantly wash the lining of the oesophagus and stomach, and to dilute the acid. the water should be room temperature or ideally slightly warm.
- Take light exercise such as walking to stimulate motility.
- Avoid fizzy drinks and products such as lucozade and glucose tablets and anything with cane sugar
- Add another pillow to your bed to help prop yourself up, avoid lying flat.
- Sitting or standing after meals also help prevent heartburn
- For cramping indigestion with sour belches, Nux vom. 30c, one dose a day for 3 days
- When it is worse at night there is metalic taste in the mouth Merc sol 30c, ne dose a day for 3 days
- When it is accompanied b desire for salt, great thirst for water and burning eructations, Nat Mur 30c, one dose a day for 3 days.