Self-Hypnosis teaches you to mentally switch off from your immediate surroundings and enter a dream world that is safe and calm. You are awake, but not really aware of what is happening around you – it feels like day-dreaming. While you are relaxed, suggestions are given to your mind, to subconsciously prepare you for a confident birth.
Visualisation will teach you to mentally “see” and affect structures within your body e.g. your muscles, your cervix, your hormones. You will also be taught how to communicate with your baby with your womb.
The aim of ‘The Jeyarani Way’ Gentle Birth Method Self-hypnosis and Visualisation programme is to increase confidence, deepen bonding between mother, father and baby and remove fear of the birth process.
When should I start?
As early as possible in your pregnancy.
How can I learn it?
We run on-going classes all the way throughout pregnancy. Both partners are encouraged to attend classes.
Where are classes held?
The Kailash Centre, 7 Newcourt Street, St John’s Wood, London NW8 7AA, every Monday at 6.30pm except on Bank Holidays. (kailashcentre.org/contact-find.html)
Rates and charges
£250 for 4 week course.
An MP3 download which can be used to practise self-hypnosis and relaxation at home is included.
What will I learn in the classes?
The classes include the following:
- You will learn self-hypnosis
- How to access instant deep muscle relaxation throughout pregnancy and labour
- Special visualisation exercises to connect with your body and baby
- Increase confidence by learning to manage contractions
- Learn how to induce varying degrees of anaesthesia within your body
- Feel emotionally and physically in control during the whole birth process
- How to maintain self-hypnosis in various positions i.e. kneeling, sitting, standing or walking about
- Partners are taught hypnotic birth techniques, Creative Healing massage and Reflexology to help the mother during pregnancy and birth
- Each class includes a Hypnotic Birth rehearsal, so by the time it comes to the actual birth of your baby, your mind will have already visualised going through the whole birth process smoothly a number of times
- Learn specific massage techniques and movements for optimal positioning of the baby within your womb